I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

$5 Spring Decor Craft Challenge

Yesterday I read about a $5 craft challenge! Check it out for yourself here.

In case you don't click the link, here's the rules as I understand them. Spend $5 at the Dollar store, and create a "Spring Decor Item" with the supplies. We can use paint, glue, paper, fabric and tools if we already have them on hand. Which sounds pretty generous to me -- I mean, I have a lot of paint, paper, and fabric on hand!

Then make the craft, and write a tutorial about the item created, and link it to the website by March 25th. The top 5 will be picked, and then those 5 are subject to a vote.

Honestly, I don't think I have a shot. There are WAAAAY too many super talented crafty creative bloggers out there who I bet will BLOW us all away. But I am still excited to play! I'm MORE excited about seeing what everyone else comes up with and reading other creative (cheap) tutorials. The tough thing for me will be that I know people will come up with some adorable Easter decor items, and we don't celebrate Easter at our house. So I won't be able to follow the inevitable adorable bunny and egg tutorials.

I went to the Dollar Tree at lunch today, and picked up some supplies to try a few different projects. Hopefully ONE of them will work, and I can get it done ahead of the deadline. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!