I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Monday, February 15, 2010

Ruthie's Tomato Soup

My Mother-in-law's recipe for Tomato Soup. Hits the spot on a cold night!

1 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp sugar
1 soup bone (optional)
2 celery stalks
1 carrot
1 onion
2-3 cloves garlic
10-12 fresh tomatoes chopped
salt n pepper to taste
1 bay leaf
Parsley
1/2 cup uncooked rice plus 1/3 cup

Put all ingredients in a large pot 1/3 cup of rice. Add enough water to cover vegetables (add some vegetable stock if you like). Bring to a boil. Skim any foam off the top, lower heat, and cook, covered, until all vegetables are soft.
My MIL then ran it through a food mill but I use a blender. Return to pot and add 1/3 cup rice and cook for about a half hour until rice is done.

Soooooooo goooooood!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!