I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Another Tote Bag

LOVE this tote bag tutorial from Sew Mama Sew.

Made this one for Delilah's bestest babysitter:


If you can sew a straight line, you can sew this tote. Last weekend I carried one to the park so when Delilah was finished playing with her ball, I could carry it. (Along with sippy cup, snacks, etc!)

And another Mom complimented me on it and asked me where I got it! (glow with pride here)

The tutorial is easy peasy. All straight line sewing and lots of pictures and clear directions. A great project for a beginning sewer to gain confidence, and a satisfying quick and useful project for someone with experience. My only tip is to lower the tension when you go over the seams. I set my machine at 2 for the project, down to 1 over the seams.

Oh, snap, I guess I love this project so much I made ANOTHER ONE! This one for a friend with boys. I was excited when I saw the dinosaur camo fabric! So many pretty decorator fabrics for girls but not so much for boys.






I think this year I will be making these and using them in place of giftbags and wrap. A gift in a gift!

I will post my Spring Decor $5 craft challenge tutorial this week. No sewing in that one.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I just had a look at your totes from sew mama sew. Aren't they just great? I have already made some myself as well and I am so proud of myself, a non sewer.
    Many greetings, Frieda

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!