I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Friday, January 14, 2011

Taggy Blanket for Baby

I like to give expecting parents a practical gift for their babies, AND also make them a taggy blanket for fun. Since getting an embroidery machine, I get to give out personalized ones. Up until now, I have forgotten to take pictures of them to show here on my blog. But here you go!






I hope little Lila likes her new taggy.


The pink is a nice soft fleece, with a piece of scrap cotton and lots of assorted ribbons of different colors, textures, and sizes for little fingers to play with.

My own daughter, at 2, sleeps with her taggy each night. Although hers is (gasp!) store bought. I picked it up in a baby store when I was first pregnant. It's kind of fun to collect different ribbons to use for these. Even my sweet husband has gotten in on the act and has given me ribbons as gifts!

I have to go hide this now until I see Lila. If Delilah sees it she may claim it for her own!

This gift is good for both boys AND girls. I'm going to write a little tute and post it here shortly. If you have some sewing experience, you can probably figure this out on your own, just take this one hint from me. Make sure to use a small stitch and ensure those ribbons are super duper secure (mine are triple stitched) because these are for babies and safety first! Tute hopefully this week!


Thanks for stopping by.

Later skaters,


Janimal




Texas MonkeyGettin' Krafty With It

5 comments:

  1. I just got done stitching up two of these to give as gifts--so easy and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling! Yours turned out so pretty I think I just might be inspired! Thanks for visiting my site.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so adorable! I have no sewing or embroidery skills whatsoever so I am in total awe! Thanks for swinging by and leaving a comment! You should link up to my Gettin' Krafty With It party tomorrow- would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw that is a lovely taggie. I have been making some for my sister in law and have pics on my blog if you fancy a peek tina x x http://scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for your support on our adoption. I am writing you an email about the comments. I really do appreciate the support. -dez

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!