I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Friday, October 15, 2010

TeddyBear Party - Your Feedback Please?

What was originally supposed to be a small gathering of neighborhood kids for cake and pizza has gone off the rails for Delilah's birthday party.

It's now a teddybear themed party. Complete with teddybear themed favors featuring each guest's initial embroidered on their own little bear.




I wish I could say this was all of them. I am going bear crazy!! (Teddy bear embroidery design is from http://www.moosebstitchin.net/ - I left out the wire to make them posable.)

An invitation to one family, meant we had to invite another family, which meant we had to invite another family, and so on, and so forth, etc. etc. to avoid anyone having hurt feelings at the lack of an invitation. The list got MUCH longer, fast.

Now, I like all the people on the list. I just hadn't intended for the party to be very big. And have some guilt now over the folks NOT invited - just because they weren't associated with the people on the growing list. But then the party would be HUGE!

Does that make any sense?!?


Anyway, I will get over that and would like some feedback please. These bears are to given away with a little bag of Teddy Grahams. I tied a bag to a bear with a ribbon. Like so:





And it looks to me like the teddy is wearing the bag like a cape? Hubby says this is fine as is, but I wonder if there is a better way. Any suggestions for putting these bears and little bags together? Maybe a little cellophane bag if I can find them?


Thanks for stopping by,


Janimal



A Little Knick Knack

5 comments:

  1. This is so ambitious and adorable and no doubt will be remembered! I think that a cellophane bag with a thinner ribbon might give a cleaner look, but given the numbers maybe and exhaustion, you might want to go hubbie's route! Have a wonderful party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are a nice host! I would have stashed them away for another, smaller venue! I know how you feel, though. For my daughters 3rd bday we somehow invited 17 kids and their parents! Huh?!? It was mayhem and I have since learned my lesson. Good luck with your party, I'm sure it will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lucky group of partygoers on your hands! I completely understand the craziness of "the list". You have enough to do without worrying about teddy bear capes. Maybe tie around the waist, or leave as is around the neck... no one will leave the bags on the bears long enough to notice:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. THANKS LADIES! Thanks for backing me up on the "capes". I used a thinner ribbon and I think it looked better. I appreciate your comments so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a really great idea, I like how the candy bag looks like a cape :D

    That was sweet of you to not have any hurt feelings regarding leaving people out who would know they were left out. It's better to enjoy lots of well wishers. Hope you had a blast.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!