I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Monday, August 12, 2013

Another Summer Dress For Meeeeeeeeeeee!

One hour dress?

Well, the McCalls 6102 pattern I blogged about in my last post, says it sews in an hour.  (Not counting cutting time).  So, for the 2nd time around, I cut the pattern, ironed on the facing, and checked the time.  Kids and husband were sleeping.  I *think* this actually did sew up in an hour!

But while sewing I got a text from a dear friend and we chatted a bit, so my timing was a bit off. 

So it was more than an hour if you stop to chat!

Anyway, check me out!

 
 
 


 The fabric is a Marc Jacobs cotton print I picked up at Mood in NYC.  Actually I bought the print in grey, brought it home, realized how much I loved it, then called Mood to buy the other colors!  This kind of taupe and pink print was not one that caught me eye as much in the store.   But I think it works for this dress.  It's nice and light and loose and comfy and cool for the hot Georgia sun. 

This time I didn't make a belt and will just wear as is.  It's a little boxy, so not the most figure flattering as is, but it sure is comfy. Comfy wins.


I also have this print in blue and purple!  I think it's rather retro! 



And just because, here's a little collage of my peeps.  I am a lucky lady.

 
Take care,
Janimal

2 comments:

  1. This is not good for her at all, she need to do something abt it fast.

    Cheongsam dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! My name Heather and I just wanted to know if you would be able to answer my question about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com that would be great :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!