I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Friday, August 9, 2013

Janimal Dress

Lately I have actually taken some time to sew for myself. 
Whoot Whoot!

I need to snap a picture of the Traveler Dress I made.  I've actually worn it a few times but failed to get a photo. 

But I do have a picture of my latest selfish creation.  The pattern is McCalls 6102.   This is a simple pullover dress with or without cap sleeves and is slightly A lined.  This sewed up fast and I am so pleased that the dart was A-OK for my bodacious cups.  Yay!


Hello Pasty legs!!

Now, that fabric.  It's some kind of faux animal textured print that I hardly remember buying.  I sort of recall that it was inexpensive and I thought might be cool to make bags.  And I bought up 6 yards of it!  Gosh, it must have been cheap.  I tried to get a pic to show the texture of the fabric.



I like it!  It's very "Janimal" to me!

The best thing about this fabric is that it doesn't ravel.  So I got to skip some seam finishing steps.  I also had planned on making the version with sleeves, but once I tried it on, I thought it would be cooler without them.  Here's a more close up on the dress.  I like that it fits me well at the chest, and is nice and loose and swingy.  Hey - no Spanx required.





The belt was not part of the pattern.  I just thought it looked a bit better with it.  None of the belts in my closet looked quite right so I quickly sewed this up to finish it off.

If I don't count the belt, this dress does only take about an hour of sewing time!  (That's after cutting and interfacing)  Perfect for me.  I'm going to cut a few and keep them in my sewing room for when I have little time (always) but want the satisfaction of finishing something (I love that).

I made another in a cotton print.  Now the search for the right belt!  I think a thick leather belt would work with this dress, I just need the right one.  Hopefully I'll get it together and have a pic to post soon.

Take care,

Janimal

2 comments:

  1. It's great that the bust worked out so well. I have been collecting patterns with pieces for various cup sizes but haven't got around to trying any yet. I hope they work for me too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fit! whats your secret?

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!