I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Monday, November 11, 2013

Easy Peasy Coat Sewing

Super Easy Coat Sewing!

Well, I have been doing a fair amount of sewing lately.  Just not so much blogging! 

Since I have a few new items done, it's time to get some pictures taken and share them.  This morning I wore a garment I made to work, so I managed to ask a coworker to take a pic. 

Here is my new coat!






The


This is a Burdastyle pattern #6989.  It says "Super Easy" and it really was!  The pattern calls for loden wool, but I wasn't about to cut up some expensive wool for an untested pattern. 

There are pockets on seam that you can't see in this pic.



There were no reviews on patternreview.com.  After a disappointing visit to JoAnne's, I ended up using a $10 blanket to make this coat.  Yep, a TEN DOLLAR BLANKET! 

The seams are not hemmed, so that makes it super easy and fast.  But I think it would be nice to consider making this in other fabric and lining/hemming.













The pattern has two other options.  A shorter jacket version, or a vest. (Pattern pic of vest here)

This coat might do well with some embellishment of some kind.  It's simple and sewed up super fast.  I'd like to find a fabulous fabric for the next version. 

My pattern review is here: http://sewing.patternreview.com/review/pattern/92741

For now, I will enjoy staying warm in my wearable blanket!

Janimal
 

1 comment:

  1. Where did you get the blanket. It looks like it has one colour on inside and a different of the outside. I love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!