I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Ice Cream Blouse - Thing One & Thing Two!

Some time ago, there was a sewalong for the Ice Cream Dress by Oliver and S. I signed up, bought some fabric, cut it out, then didn't sew the dress. Why? I started to see all the other people's dresses and just fell out of love with the fabric I chose. I just wasn't motivated to get sewing with it.

Recently, I decided it was high time I sewed this pattern. I got out the pieces, and decided the fabric would be better as a shirt, not a dress. And since I was making one, why not make two?

So.....here is Delilah in her Thing One Thing Two Ice Cream blouse!


I think the bunny slippers really complete the outfit, don't you?!



I have had this Dr Seuss fabric (by Robert Kaufman) for a while, not knowing what to do with it. Delilah loves The Cat In The Hat so I was itching to make her something with it. I am thrilled with how it turned out! I made a size 3T which is roomy enough that hopefully it will fit for a while.
Oh, and here's the top that I made from the original fabric choice. I like it very much as a top. I think I would be less in love with it as a dress. Fabric by M'Liss from Hancock Fabrics.



In the works......I am testing a pattern for Oliver and S! I am very excited about it. Their Spring pattern collections looks really fun and I feel so lucky to have an advance copy of one of the patterns. I can't show it to you, as it's not released yet, so here is just a little teeny peek.....

I can't wait to show this garment off.
Have a safe and happy New Year!
Later skaters,
Janimal





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!