I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

My Little Teapot Dress!

SO sorry to be gone so long! Life has just been busy and blogging hasn't been a priority, although I have still been creating and sewing and have lots to share!

Check out Delilah modelling her teapot dress!



Honestly, I thought about waiting until I could style D up in the dress and take her picture under natural light in the pretty outdoors. But I couldn't resist sharing this silly photo. I'm amused by Delilah's unimpressed facial expression. I like that she gave me a partial little teapot spout with her arm, and that her other arm seems to have magically disappeared altogether. OF COURSE she is enjoying a sippy of milk and some Cheerios because that's what she asks for constantly. I snapped a couple quick pictures, and put the camera down. So this picture also reminds me of the fun tickles and laughs we had as I chased her to take this dress off!

(Once it was off, Delilah grabbed the dress from my arms and happily yelled MY DRESS! followed by a HUGE giggle and that was an awesome moment as a Mom and a sewist.)

Here's the back view.
I had just sewn on the last button. And see below - you can still see the fabric marker line that I had drawn to make sure my buttons were straight.



This simple dress was the perfect choice for me to show off some fun fabric. This is Bermuda Metro Cafe by Robert Kaufman purchased at Whipstitch Fabrics on Etsy. Whipstitch is local to me but I still haven't made it into the shop. One of these days I will visit the shop and am afraid of the fabric buying frenzy that may ensue.

For Delilah I have figured out that I need to make up patterns in a 3T, but adjust the length. Which makes me a bit nervous as I am no pro at adjustments. I am thrilled that I seem to have gotten the length right on this dress.

For sure I will be making more little tank dresses for Delilah to show off some of my favorite fabrics. And my favorite little girl.

Sorry to have been away - I'll try to post more often but you know blogging just doesn't rank as high on my activities list as, say, sing Ring Around The Rosey a gazillion times with my hilarious child. I trust y'all understand!


BCD 125



make it wear it

9 comments:

  1. I love this dress!! The fabric is both sweet and modern. Great job on this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable fabric AND model! Is it a challenge to sew clothes for a one-armed child? Just kidding! I can totally relate to wanting to get your creation posted ASAP because it's just too darn cute to wait for the perfect shot or the perfect lighting....your photo is darling, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and you model just as cute! thanks for your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just way precious and so creative! I'm happy to be your newest follower of your delightful blog and I'd love to have you as a friend at Frou Frou Decor! I'd also like to invite you to link your wonderful creations up at my weekly party, Fabulous Friday Finds, every Friday! Hope to see you there!
    Hugs,
    ~Terrell @ Frou Frou Decor~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the tea cup fabric!! is soo cute, and I can tell she just loves her dress!!!great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the style of the dress. That fabric is too much.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cutie! Thanks for the fabric info. It's sooo cute! Thanks also for being a follower and entering my giveaway.

    ~ The Speckled Dog

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Love the style because it works well for all seasons!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!