I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Union Jack Liberty Popover

Well, it sure has been a while.  

Life with two children sure is busy!  There's not as much time these days for creativity.  But there is time for hugs, kisses, snuggling with my two little ones and sweet husband.  Lucky me!

I do have one sewn item I am rather proud of.  I took a couple pics to share.  It would have been wise to try and take a picture with natural light.  But you know, I took the pic when I could! 

Here it is:


It's a Popover Dress (free pattern by Oliver & S).  I pieced together Liberty of London prints in a soft tana lawn to make a union jack front.  Usually I make this dress unlined, but this one I lined with a soft cotton voile. 


It's too big for Delilah right now.  Honestly, I had every intention of making this for her to wear during the London Olympics.  But once pieced together, I just didn't want to waste any part of it so made the largest dress I could! 

Thanks for stopping by.  I don't know when I'll be back - those snuggles and kisses are hard to resist.

Janimal

1 comment:

  1. It's so lovely!! I don't blame you about deciding to go for the biggest size dress...I wouldn't want to waste any of that loveliness either.:)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!