I'm Janimal, happily gainfully employed Momma to a sweet girl. Livin' it up in Atlanta with a great husband and a good job. Sometimes I make stuff and here's my spot to show it off! Life is good, so I'm sharing....

Friday, March 25, 2011

Delilah's Pink & Green Comfiness!

Heya!

Check out what the most awesome toddler I have ever met is wearing in this pic:





Girl needed some green for St Patrick's Day!

In real life, this looks like SUCH a comfy outfit. It's a nice soft linen/rayon blend, Brussels by Robert Kaufman. I really love this fabric - soft, nice drape, washes well. The top is the Blossom Blouse pattern from the book Sew Liberated, and the pants are from the simple pants pattern from the book Little Girls, Big Style.


This was my 2nd go at the shirt. I added a little detail of a a pink embroidered teapot to the shirt, although it's kind of hard to see in these pictures. I used the same hot pink thread for topstitching for a little more detail. I'm rather pleased at how this outfit turned out. Comfy for Delilah to play in, and nice and cool for the warming weather.

Comfy is the right word.....


I think I'd like this in my size!

Delilah wasn't really in the mood for getting her picture taken. Check out this punim!


The pants pattern is nice and simple and I will be sewing up a bunch of pairs of simple pull on pants like these for D for the Summer. In the right fabric, they can be nice and light and cool, but protect her soft skin from the sun and bugs. The easy elastic waist is a good idea for a little one interesting in dressing herself, and easy for her to maneuver when she makes us proud on the potty!

((Did I ever imagine myself being proud over another human's potty habits?!? Oh how motherhood changes a person!))


Oliver and S is showing off their new Spring patterns on their blog. I was lucky enough to test one of the patterns for them a short time ago and am excited to show you the Seashore Sundress I was lucky to make for them. It's a lovely pattern for Spring and Summer. I'll show pictures very soon!


Take care all,


Janimal

2 comments:

  1. Super cute, and I learned a new word! I know what you mean about pottying - but man, is it worth it knowing that I never have to buy (or change!) diapers again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is getting so big! Love the outfit, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!